5 Painting Tips & Tricks To Make Your Life Easier
Conducting a paint job is serious work. If you are planning to paint a room inside your house or two, before you begin you must first make sure that you know what you are doing. DIY painting may save a lot on labor costs but if you know nothing about painting, there is a high chance for you to make an error which would inevitably cost you much more to repair the painting damage.
To help you out a bit, here are some painting tips and tricks that will make your painting job much easier.
- Choosing a color is probably the hardest part. If you can’t decide which color to use, why not take home several paint chips and try to look at how they appear in the room. Consider the color of your furniture, floors, decors and anything that is in the room. You can also get a sample pot and paint a square on the wall. Upon doing so, you should watch how the color changes as the sun moves across the sky.
- Multiple Colors. If you are going to use more than one color, you should remember that darker colors are better at the bottom portion of the wall and the lighter colors at the upper portion. The lighter colors will dominate the room and the darker one will have a grounding effect.
- Be creative. You don’t have to use a single color for one wall. Paint can be used in many creative ways. Techniques like color blocking, stenciling or color washing can prove useful to you.
- Once you have decided on a color, you should then decide on a finish to use. Your options are flat, satin and eggshell, semi-gloss and glossy, all of which provides different effects and benefits.
- Make sure to determine the amount of paint needed. To do this, you must add the width of all the walls in the room together then multiply it to the height of a single wall. The product should then be subtracted to the total area of the doors and windows.
If you think DIY painting is too much of a hassle for you, then why not hire professional painters and decorators like Arthur Fitzhugh Decorating? If you want to know more about them, visit their website at www.fitzhughdecoratorsnorthampton.co.uk.